Target is providing grants to support arts education for the 2012-2013 school year. Any nonprofit organization, charitable organization, school, library or public agency can apply for funds to support programs in the following three areas:
1. Arts and Culture in Schools: Any program or initiative that enhances the students’ classroom curriculum by b by bringing the arts and cultural experiences to schools, such as in-school performances, artist in residency programs and workshops in schools.
2. Field Trips: Programs that connect students' classroom curriculum to out of school experiences.
3. Early Childhood Reading Programs: Any program that supports programs such as library storytimes and family reading nights for students in grades PreK-3 grade
Target stores provide grants to K-12 schools and other nonprofit organization to bring art and cultural experiences to schools, support educational field trips, and provide early childhood reading programs. It is part of our commitment to give 5% of our income to the communities we serve- more than $3 million each week.
To request a charitable contribution, your organization must be a federally tax-exempt, section 501(c)(3) charitable organization, a school, a library, or a public agency.
Format: On-line Applications only
Grant Areas of Focus
Arts and Culture in Schools:
Target funds in school arts programs that enhance student's classroom curriculum by bringing the arts and cultural experiences to schools, such as in-school performances, artist in residency programs and workshops in schools.
Field Trips: Target funds programs that allow students and teachers to learn in all kinds of settings. We fund field trips that connect students' classroom curriculum to out of school experiences.
Early Childhood Reading: Target funds programs that foster a love of reading and encourage young children, preschool through third grade, to read together with their families. Reading grants support programs such as library storytimes and family reading nights.
Timeline: Grant proposals are accepted during the following times:
• Arts and Culture in Schools and Early Childhood Reading – March 1 through April 30
• Field Trips – August 1 through September 30